This year marks the 10th Annual Showroom of the Year Awards, and the winners of this year’s competition took to the stage to receive their awards at a special reception at the Hilton Anatole, following the first day of Lightovation: Dallas International Lighting Show.
The Showroom of the Year Awards, a collaborative event, organized Furniture, Lighting & Decor magazine and Dallas Market Center, home to Lightovation, recognizes three lighting showrooms in dollar-volume categories, along with three specialty awards.
“We were so impressed with the work of this year’s Showroom of the Year winners,” said Diane Falvey, Editor-in-Chief of Furniture, Lighting & Decor. “Determining the winners was not an easy task this year, and all of our finalists are to be honored for the incredible retail work they do.” Falvey presented the awards along with Furniture, Lighting & Decor Publisher Susan Jones, Dallas Market Center President and CEO Cindy Morris, and Dallas Market Center Vice President of Lighting Technology Development & Marketing Laura Van Zeyl.
Dollar volume categories for Showroom of the Year include: annual Revenue Under $2 Million, Revenue Under $5 Million, and Revenue $5 Million and Over. All Showroom of the Year finalists were also eligible for three specialty awards: Outstanding Merchandising Display, Exceptional Community Involvement and Social Media Star.
“These honorees were recognized for individual achievement but they reflect the best values of independent retail,” said Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center. “These innovative companies are truly an inspiration to showrooms across North America.”
The 10th Annual Showroom of the Year winners are:
- Revenue Under $2 Million: Coventry Lighting & Design Center, Canfield, OH.
- Revenue Under $5 Million: B.A. Robinson Co. Ltd., Penticton, British Columbia
- Revenue $5 Million and Over: Lights Fantastic Pro, Lewisville, TX
- Outstanding Merchandising Display: Springhaus, Timnath, CO
- Exceptional Community Involvement: Idlewood Electric, Highland Park, IL
- Social Media Star: Springhaus, Timnath, CO
An accomplished panel of judges carefully reviewed the entrants in the 10th year of this esteemed competition.
- David Avrin, the Visibility Coach, is an expert in marketing and the customer experience.
- Brand and Business Strategist Jacqui Genow specializes in how the many pieces of the marketing puzzle fit together. She takes an unbiased approach to pinpointing the right mix of tools and tactics for businesses and their goals.
- Randall Whitehead, the Lighting Doctor known for his informational blogs and videos at Furniture, Lighting & Decor, is a professional lighting designer and author. He has worked on projects worldwide and appeared on the Discovery Channel, HGTV and CNN.
Winners will be profiled online at furniturelightingdecor.com and in the August issue of Furniture, Lighting & Decor magazine. The website also includes details about all 2019 Showroom of the Year finalists, and will have information about the 2020 call for entries and nominations in early December.