Interior designers, entrepreneurs and TV personalities Bobby Berk and Kelli Ellis will co-host the American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame Foundation Induction Celebration on Oct. 20 during the High Point Market. Berk is best known as the design guru on Netflix’s Queer Eye, for his furniture collection Bobby Berk + A.R.T. Furniture and his interior design firm, while Ellis stars in Design Therapy on The Design Network and has been a featured designer on several shows on HGTV, TLC and Bravo.
“As a fashion industry, it is important that we remain fresh and relevant. Each year we look for new ways to change the evening in order to keep the Induction Celebration exciting and a bit unpredictable,” says Michael Amini, Celebration Chairman of the event. “We believe that this year’s hosts will bring a renewed focus to the well-deserved significance of interior design to our industry and to the homes we furnish.”
“Bobby and Kelli will bring their energy and passion to the Induction Celebration as we honor our newest inductees who have helped shape the home furnishings industry,” says David Gebhart, president of the Foundation board of directors. “Both are enthusiastic about hosting and will be creatively involved in planning our industry’s most prestigious event with Michael Amini.”
Prior to joining Queer Eye, Berk spent years in the creative and design field before taking the leap to start his own brand. Epitomizing hip, minimalist urban luxury, Berk’s designs reflect a stylish and youthful spirit that perfectly fits any cool, relaxed lifestyle. He grew up in Missouri, Texas and Denver and then moved to New York, where he worked his way up in the retail world at companies such as Bed Bath & Beyond and Restoration Hardware. He then became creative director for Portico Home + Spa. In 2006, Berk started his own company, Bobby Berk Interiors, and opened his first showroom in lower Manhattan the following year. In 2015, he launched his full-service bespoke interior design practice for residential, commercial and hospitality clientele.
"It's truly an honor to be invited to host the Hall of Fame ceremony with my dear friend Kelli and recognize this year's esteemed inductees,” says Berk. “It's the industry's event of the year, so I'm humbled to be standing among the leaders who have paved the way for designers such as myself."
Adds Ellis, "I am beyond thrilled to host this iconic event celebrating creative genius. To have my dear friend Bobby by my side, is a dream."
Ellis, a lifelong traveler, represents the epitome of livable luxury and casual international style mixed with rock star glam. An accomplished interior designer based in Barcelona, certified life coach and design psychology coach, her extensive international education has benefitted her discerning and celebrity clientele. She has licensed collections with Sunpan, Leftbank Art, Tilebar, Instalinen, Frates and Jaipur Rugs International. Her design work has been published in numerous national and international magazines. Ellis has been the featured designer on TLC’s Clean Sweep and HGTV’s Takeover my Makeover, among others. To bring education to all designers, she co-created Interior Design Camp and Design Campus.
The Hall of Fame is supported by sponsors of the 2019 Induction Celebration:
- Presenting Sponsor: Markor International Furniture Co. Ltd.
- Speaker Sponsor: Surya
- Dinner Table Sponsor: Nourison Industries
- Inductee Video Sponsor: Surya
- Cocktail Sponsor: International Market Centers
- Celebration Sponsors: AICO/Amini Innovation Corp. and Glen Raven/Sunbrella
- Leadership Video Sponsor: Dufresne Spencer Group
- Platinum Sponsors: Art Van Furniture; Bellini Modern Living; Berkshire Hathaway Furniture Companies; Coaster Fine Furniture; Furniture Marketing Group; Furniture of America; Global Views; Haverty Furniture Companies, Inc.; Hooker Furniture; Kane’s Furniture; Kathy Ireland Worldwide; Klaussner Home Furnishings; La-Z-Boy Incorporated; Leggett & Platt, Inc.; Loloi Rugs; Man Wah Holdings; Prestige Arts & Art Trends; Samson Holding Ltd.; and Wayfair
- Gold Sponsors: Phillips Collection; Raymour & Flanigan; Restonic; Sauder Woodworking Co.; and Serta Simmons
- Silver Sponsors: Flexsteel Industries Inc.; FurnitureDealer.net; Hickory Furniture Mart; Lexington Home Brands; and W. S. Badcock Corporation