Dallas Market Center, the most complete lifestyle marketplace in North America, announced details for the summer edition of Dallas Total Home & Gift Market (June 19-25), including an inspiring combination of the key elements for business success: new exhibitors, one-of-a-kind products, thought leaders and trend intelligence.
The first market of the summer season takes place concurrently with Lightovation: Dallas International Lighting Show (June 19-22), as well as the Temps at Total Home and Gift Market (June 20-23) and KidsWorld (June 19-25). Dallas Market Center presents the most complete collection of new and best-selling products across lifestyle categories including gift, home décor, lighting, holiday and floral, housewares, gourmet, apparel and accessories, artisan products, and more.
New & Expanded Showrooms
The Dallas debut of dozens of new showrooms plus significant expansions and renewals total more than 325,000 square feet for June, including start-ups and globally recognized leaders.
Highlights include the grand opening of the first smart home showroom in North America, Smarter Living by Design. The open-daily showroom, anchored by Samsung, will be located in Light + Design on Ten (WTC 10085) and will include a selection of brands spanning home technology categories from premier lighting, sound and appliances to artificial intelligence. Additional showrooms premiering in the World Trade Center include El Paso Import Co. (WTC 518), Texas Leather Goods (WTC 6670), Ania Haie (WTC 7537), Designs by Ansley (WTC 7331), and DISTRICT 7 (WTC 7028). Instyle Gallery expands in Light + Design on Ten (WTC 10085-2A, 2B) and Karen Didion expands on the fourth floor (WTC 450).
In the Trade Mart, CTW Home Collection opens new space at TM 1315, and on the second floor BIDK Home will debut in TM 2602. KBD Sales/Western Reps expands their showroom space in TM 2810, J Brandes has doubled their showroom in TM 1610, and Mario & Associates nearly triples their showroom size in TM 1761.
On the lighting floors of the Trade Mart there will be debuts of hundreds of new products focused on lighting trends and technology advances. Asfour Crystal will join the Lightovation family with a new space in the Spectrum Shared Showroom (TM 4432), and Xanlite North America will also debut new space on the fourth floor of the Trade Mart (TM 4733). Acclaim Lighting (TM 4432) will expand their showroom in advance of June Lightovation.
In the Interior Home + Design Center, Vickerman Company expands with its second showroom featuring quality seasonal décor in IHDC 2F115 while Wendover ART opens new space in IHDC 1D427.
New and Noteworthy Temps
The Temps at Total Home & Gift Market will present hundreds of new and returning exhibitors. Buyers can explore five distinct Temp neighborhoods to expand their retail mix and discover new products and brands:
• Trade Mart 1, Luxe Gift: A diverse collection of premium, high-end product. Featuring Crown Linen Designs, MOVA International, Julie Vos, S’well Bottle, LoweCo. and many more.
• World Trade Center 6, Home and Design: Stylish furniture and home décor for any room, featuring exhibitors such as Canterbury Lane, Great Scrape, Manual Woodworkers, Park Madison Lights, VHC Brands and more.
• World Trade Center 12, Gift: The hottest and most expansive gift selection from general gift to bath & body and paper/card/party. Featuring Dry Wit Goods, rockdoodles, EtchLife, Boymom, Lakewood Candle Company, TINte Cosmetics and more.
• World Trade Center 13, Accessories and Apparel: The latest, on-trend women’s apparel and fashion accessories, featuring brands like Katie Loxton, Pura Vida Bracelets and many more.
• Market Hall, Cash & Carry, Artisan Cash & Carry, Vintage Home & Decor: The only neighborhood for both order writing and Cash & Carry including gifts, vintage, furniture, home decor, apparel and accessories. Featuring Bora, Save the Girls, Vintage Addiction and more.
International Folk Art Market|Collection Returns
Exclusive to Dallas, the International Folk Art Market|Collection returns to present dozens of artisans from around the world showcasing their wares and sharing stories through their art. The exhibit will be held in the World Trade Center Atrium where buyers can peruse hand crafted jewelry, gifts, and home décor and get to know the artisans representing Mexico, Uzbekistan, India, and other countries.
IFAM's goal is to foster economic and cultural sustainability for folk artists worldwide and to create intercultural opportunities that unite the peoples of the world. The wholesale connections made in Dallas provide year-round income for the artists, creating a lasting economic impact on their communities. For complete information visit www.dallasmarketcenter.com/ifam.
Insights and Inspiration From Events and Seminars
A full schedule of events will include the following:
- The cast of HDTV’s “Best in Show” Barrie Livingstone, Donna Moss, Dann Foley and Danny Russo host an exciting discussion at Botanical Mix (IHDC 1D110) on Wednesday at 3:30 p.m. on how they are able to balance their television careers with their design businesses.
- Join the American Lighting Assn. Young Executives and the ART Under 40 Group at Progress Lighting (TM 3840) for Beers with Peers. Enjoy complimentary refreshments and next-generation networking encompassing all areas of the lighting and home accessories industries on Thursday at 5PM.
- Daily seminars on WTC 12 will offer valuable insights for growing retail businesses.
- Retail expert Rawlins Gilliland offer popular discovery tours including Trending Gift and Décor Items on Thursday at 10 a.m., Hottest Temp Picks on Thursday at 3 p.m., Unexpected Gift and Décor Items on Friday at 11 a.m., Small Gifts Guaranteed to Sell on Friday at 2 p.m., and Top Cash & Carry Picks on Saturday at 1:30 p.m.
- On the second floor of the Interior Home + Design Center, in the center of the holiday and floral neighborhood, a Design Bar will feature holiday and floral live demos.
The latest issue of Dallas Market Centers’ Spark magazine will debut ahead of the June show. The 200-page publication will be packed full of inspiration and business advice including give-back brands, the allure of India, lighting trends, a photoshoot on denim, gourmet and housewares must-haves, plus a cover story on retail mavericks from across the U.S. Copies are available online and at market.
31st Annual Arts Awards Nominations Open
The annual ARTS Awards is an international awards program dedicated to home industry excellence and achievement. Nominations are now open through June 26. Home industry professionals may nominate worthy retailers, sales representatives, manufacturers, interior designers, and product designers at dallasmarketcenter.com/ArtsAwards/nominations.
Inspiring Market Trends & Displays
Dallas Market Center’s visual merchandising team is designing a trend story for Dallas Total Home & Gift Market with buyers in mind, including endless opportunities for discovery and inspiration through products, visuals and interactive experiences. For June, the trend is Raw Power, which will focus on organic materials, bold colorways and mixed textures and patterns.
StyleEyes Trend Scouts
The knowledge and taste-making skills of leading industry influencers will be gathered together for the return of StyleEyes. The soon-to-be-announced group of trend scouts will identify must-see and unique products and trends across the marketplace including gifts, home décor, lighting, holiday/floral and fashion. Each day of the show members of the StyleEyes team will offer Instagram posts highlighting their discoveries. Market guests and fans are invited to participate by following individual team members as well as Dallas Market Center on Instagram and by using #DallasStyleEyes. Products identified by the StyleEyes will also be called out with special signage inside exhibitor showrooms and booths.
New Advertising Campaign
In support of Total Home & Gift Markets a new lifestyle advertising campaign has launched. The bold, fashion-forward and artistic campaign communicates the vibrant Dallas Market Center brand and its position as the only true lifestyle marketplace. The campaign’s debut is supported by Dallas Market Center’s new tagline: Inspiration Starts Here. The ad campaign is launching across leading trade publications and websites, owned media, and other corporate channels. An exclusive behind-the-scenes video preview is available now via http://blog.dallasmarketcenter.com/dallas-market-center-the-lifestyle-marketplace. For more information on the new campaign, look for print and digital ads in leading publications and a roll-out in Dallas Market Center’s marketing channels including its website, Spark magazine, Facebook and Instagram, where a special preview video and campaign debut are taking place.
Dallas Market Center offers buyers from around the world a complete lifestyle marketplace of best-selling and unique products in temporary and permanent showrooms, including the largest residential lighting trade event in North America; the largest and most successful open-daily design center; dominant trade events for gift, home décor, holiday and floral; and the nation’s most comprehensive apparel and accessories marketplace featuring the latest styles from East Coast and West Coast designers.
To make plans for upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center and Lightovation Apps.