We scoured High Point Market last week to find out what was new and trending. There was so much to see, but here are a few overarching trends we noticed.
- Bold color was everywhere, particularly dark greens, jewel tones and pinks in a variety of shades. Black and white were also prevalent among showrooms.
- As Maximalist trends take hold, along with bold colors, we saw lots of pattern: Chinoiserie, bold florals, geometrics and more.
- Brown is the new gray or is at least taking some real estate from the grays on floor. Medium tones, such as caramel, donned sofas and and other upholstered products, sometimes paired with grays, sometimes standalone.
- Warm gold was everywhere, lighting, furniture, and definitely accessories. This soothing tone was paired with woods, matte finishes, mirrors and more.
- Curved was the shape of the week. We saw curved lines on sofas, case goods and of course, club chairs that swiveled, swiveled, swiveled! Testing those comfy swivel chairs made it hard to get back up on one's feet and move on to the next showroom (but we did it!)
- Chairs also seem to be the new jewelry accessory for the home, with beautifully designed backs in different materials, outside framing, patterned treatments and more.
Check out the gallery below for examples of the above trends. These are just the highlights. There was really so much more! Share your finds with us in the comments.