Universal Furniture has added the outdoor market to its lineup with Coastal Living Outdoor, a comprehensive piece collection consisting of more than 100 SKUs, including casegoods and upholstery for living, dining and lounging outside. This is the third collaboration between Universal Furniture and the Coastal Living brand.
“Outdoor living spaces are more important than ever to our readers,” said Coastal Living and Southern Living Editor-in-Chief Sid Evans.
A recent study from Southern Living magazine, sister publication to Coastal Living, found female consumers have a newfound passion for outdoor living since the pandemic started. "Their view of home has evolved from residence to retreat. It’s clear that outdoor space at home is the main place she goes to rest and relax."
“The addition of outdoor allows our brand to evolve into a true whole home provider for our customers,” says Universal Furniture Director of Marketing Neil MacKenzie. “Having the opportunity to enter this space alongside a brand like Coastal Living means we can connect with a targeted customer base by leveraging the reach of the Coastal Living brand and community.”
To meet the needs of all styles of homes, this broad new collection employs a wide-ranging group of materials to execute traditional, modern, transitional and cottage styles.
• All-weather wicker is available in Brindle, Soft Gray, Cool Gray, Beige, Tawny and Greige colorways. The all-weather wicker, a recyclable material, has been tested with full exposure to the sun’s UV rays and outdoor climate for 7,500 hours, well above the industry standard of 3,000-4,000 hours.
• Teak - Grade A Natural teak and Grade B Weathered Teak. All teak is FSC certified, and harvested from government plantation managed forests.
• Powder-coated aluminum in Charcoal, Fog, Carbon and Chalk colorways. The aluminum is a recyclable material and it’s recycled within the factory as well, where they use scraps and fall-off, making it an efficient manufacturing process.
• Cast concrete – Reinforced with fiberglass and comes in Abaco White, Gray Log, Harvested Gray and Speckled Gray.
• Flat and round woven rope in Light Gray, Dark Gray, Cobalt, Silver, Smoke, Tan, Charcoal and Ash colorways.
From classic outdoor teak designs to modern shapes and finishes, the collection comprises 10 style groups.
• Chesapeake – Traditional living, dining, lounge and occasional styles in natural teak with dining tables featuring concentric square tops.
• Montauk – All-weather wicker living, lounge and occasional designs
• South Beach – Modern designs for dining and living in aluminum and cast concrete
• Seneca – Aluminum dining, living and lounge seating
• San Clemente – Modern all-weather wicker and aluminum living and lounge pieces
• LaJolla – Traditional living and dining designs in weathered teak
• Geneva – Cast concrete occasional tables
• Delray- Rope and stone occasional tables
• Laconia – Woven living room pieces with teak legs
• Tybee – Transitional aluminum dining and living room designs
Outdoor upholstery debuts with 20 new frames, part of the special order upholstery program available out of the Conover, NC, plant. Frames are made from marine-grade Baltic Birch. The pieces use covers from Sunbrella and Inside Out that are UV-fade-resistant and bleach cleanable. Protective, custom-fit covers in 25 colors are available to prevent damage from extreme weather. The new Coastal Living outdoor furniture collection is available in the Universal Furniture showroom at High Point Market.