2022 marks twenty-five years for the WithIt organization, whose mission is to encourage and develop education, mentoring, and leadership opportunities for women in the home and furnishings industries.
In this silver anniversary year, WithIt’s schedule of events celebrate this milestone by offering increased opportunities for networking and education. In addition, the organization welcomes new members to its Board of Directors and announces the 2022 Board slate.
“The past two years has taught us how critical having a robust network of industry peers is to being successful,” says Executive Director Amy Van Dorp. “One WithIt’s greatest strengths is the diversity of our members – in the jobs they hold and the leadership experiences they have. You will meet company presidents and students – often at the same event.”
Membership in WithIt is open to all companies and women in the industry who support its mission and are looking to increase their network and pursue professional development.
2022 Board of Directors
We are pleased to announce Renee Loper-Boyd as 2022 President. Renee is vice president of marketing at International Market Centers where she oversees marketing for Atlanta Market, IMC High Point and Las Vegas Market.
In addition, several new vice presidents join the board of directors: Shelly Head, Liberty Furniture, Sydney Harris, Furnitureland South, Jenny Barnhill, Culp Inc., Amanda Daubert, Furniture First, and Jessica Norby, Global Textile Alliance.
“I’m honored to serve as WithIt’s president in 2022 and appreciate the opportunity to give back to an organization and industry that has supported me over the course of my career,” says Renee Loper-Boyd. “Thank you to our members, sponsors, board and committees for your contributions that enable us to serve the industry to develop, grow and support female leaders. I welcome everyone to learn more about WithIt and join the organization – together we are stronger!”
The 2022 WithIt Board of Directors includes:
- WithIt Chair: Lorri Kelley, Lorri Kelley Advisors
- President: Renee Loper-Boyd, International Market Centers
- Vice President/President-Elect: Emily Severson Boyst, Hooker Furnishings
- Treasurer: Shelly Head, Liberty Furniture
- Secretary: Bonnie Wallace, IHFRA
Vice Presidents and Committee Chairs are:
- Membership: Sydney Harris, Furnitureland South
- Professional Development: Jenny Barnhill, Culp, Inc.
- Business Development: Amanda Daubert, Furniture First
- Scholarship: Paris Gholston, Mattress Recycling Council
- Connections: Jessica Norby, Global Textile Alliance
- Events: Cathy Valent, Springs Creative Products Group
- Technology: Lori Dolnick, Frank Advertising
- Emerging Leaders: Victoria Valentinas, VLV Designs
2022 Educational and Networking Events
WithIt offers networking and educational opportunities throughout the year. This year the market-based events expand to include Dallas and Atlanta as well as continuing their presence in Las Vegas and High Point.
All events are open to members, prospective members and the industry at large. Event details and RSVP links can be found at https://withit.org/withit-events.aspx .
The 2022 schedule includes these first half events:
- Networking event and dinner during Las Vegas Market, January 24, 2022
- 25th Anniversary Celebration during High Point Market, April 2, 2022
- Semi-annual Educational Breakfast sponsored by Myriad Software returns to in-person at High Point Market, April 3, 2022
- New York Design Tour resumes on May 13-16, 2022
- Annual Educational Conference returns to in-person in Alexandria, Virginia on June 22-24, 2022
Sponsorship opportunities with visibility and tickets are available for each of the anniversary events. Contact Development Director Cathy Smith for more information. All sponsorships are supporting the educational mission of the organization.