Winners of the 13th annual Showroom of the Year Awards were announced during Lightovation in an on-site ceremony hosted by Dallas Market Center in partnership with Furniture, Lighting & Decor magazine.
Each year, these awards recognize three Showroom of the Year winners in different dollar-volume categories, along with three specialty awards.
“This year’s entrants and finalists really went above and beyond in their lighting retail businesses,” said Diane Falvey, Editor-in-Chief of Furniture, Lighting & Decor. “The winners of the 2022 Showroom of the Year Awards showcased an initiative and willingness to step out of traditional lighting retail norms to deliver exceptional experiences to their customers. Congratulations!”
From entries and nominations received between December 2021 and February 2022, there were five finalists in each of three dollar-volume categories: Revenue Under $2 Million, Revenue
$2 Million to $ Million, and Revenue $5 Million and Over. All 15 Showroom of the Year finalists were also eligible for three specialty awards: Outstanding Merchandising Display, Exceptional Community Involvement and Social Media Star.
“Congratulations to these inspiring showrooms who reflect the best values of the business,” said Cindy Morris, President and CEO of Dallas Market Center. “They are innovative, creative, generous and add significant worth to their communities.”
Winners of the 13th Annual Showroom of the Year Awards are:
- Revenue Under $2 Million: Georgia Lighting, Sugar Hill, GA
- Revenue $2 Million-$5 Million: Pace Lighting, Savannah, GA
- Revenue $5 Million and Over: Dominion Lighting, Arlington, VA
- Outstanding Merchandising Display: Amini’s Galleria, Chesterfield, MO
- Exceptional Community Involvement: Accent Lighting Galleries, Lake Oswego
- Social Media Star: Guildwood Lighting & Fireside, London, ON, Canada
Entries were judged by an esteemed panel of home and design industry professionals: Jeffrey Alan Marks, interior designer, lighting designer and Principal of Jeffrey Alan Marks Inc.; Robin Baron, interior designer, lighting designer and Principal of Robin Baron Design; and Randy Eller, retail consultant and Owner of Eller Enterprises.
“We are privileged to be able to honor these exceptional showrooms in partnership with Furniture Lighting & Decor magazine,” said Laura Van Zeyl, Vice President, Audience Development, Lighting for Dallas Market Center. “All of this year’s finalists are truly inspiring, and congratulations to the 2022 winners for standing out among such incredible businesses.”
Additional 2022 Showroom of the Year finalists included:
- Lightstyles - Cornelius, NC
- One Source Lighting - Billings MT
- Tidewater Lighting & Design, Madison, CT
- Design House - Houston, TX
- Lights Fantastic Pro, Dallas, TX
- Light Source Lighting, Plainfield, IL
- Galleria Lighting - Greenwood Village, CO
- Magnolia Lighting - Hernando, MS
- Ultra Design Center - Denver, CO
Winners will be profiled in our upcoming August 2021 issue. You’ll find profiles of all finalists currently on our website as well.
Nominations and entries for the 2023 Showroom of the Year Awards, which are open to all independent lighting retailers in North America, will be accepted starting in December 2022. These awards will be presented at the June 21-24, 2023 edition of Lightovation in Dallas. The next edition of Lightovation will take place January 10-13, 2023, a new Tuesday through Friday date pattern that overlaps the end of the January 4-10 Total Home & Gift Market at Dallas Market Center.