Dallas Market Center and ART, the creative home furnishings network, have announced the members of the ARTS Awards Nominating Committee, a group of independent industry professionals who will evaluate the list of hundreds of nominees submitted online. The results will be the list of ARTS Awards finalists, who will then submit materials for judging in the fall.
The 33rd ARTS Awards Nomination Committee are:
- Jamie Bernal Principal, Jonathan’s Coastal Living
- Laurie Burns Executive Director, Gift & Home Trade Association
- Jenny Cano Executive Director, Interior Design Society (IDS)
- Patti Carpenter Principal, Carpenter + Co.
- Lois Del Negro CFO, Global Views
- Diane Falvey Editor-in-Chief, Furniture, Lighting, & Décor
- Catherine Frinier Co-Founder, Richard Frinier Design Studio
- Richard Frinier Co-Founder, Richard Frinier Design Studio
- Teddie Garrigan Co-Owner, Coco & Dash
- Susan Jones Publisher, Furniture, Lighting, & Décor
- Thomas Lester Business Editor, Home Accents Today
- Connie Lineberry President, Connie Lineberry & Associates
- James Merida President, Bountiful Home
- Doug Self President, J. Douglas
- Leslie Taglio CEO, Taglio & Associates
- Cheminne Taylor Smith CEO, Cheminne.com
- Colleen Visage VP, Product Management, Progress Lighting
- Allison Zisko Editor-in-Chief, Home Accents Today
“These industry leaders not only deliver knowledge and oversight but they ensure the independence of the awards,” said Sharon Davis, executive director of ART. Added Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center: “We appreciate the support and investment of time from this distinguished group of experts.”
The ARTS Awards process begins with the nomination of retailers, manufacturers, designers, and sales representatives. After nominations are received, a nomination committee of industry peers evaluates the entries and determines finalists. A separate judging panel then convenes in the fall to review and score finalists’ materials. Winners will be announced during a gala event on Friday, January 6, 2023. Neither membership in ART nor representation at Dallas Market Center is necessary to nominate or to be a nominee.
The 33rd ARTS Awards categories are:
Sponsors for the ARTS Awards include Aspire Design & Home; Business of Home; Designers Today; Furniture, Lighting & Décor; Furniture Today; Gifts & Decorative Accessories; Home Accents Today; Home Textiles Today; Interior Design Society, and Sustainable Furnishings Council.
For more information visit the ARTS Awards website. Keep up-to-date with Dallas Market Center events and happenings on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and use #ARTSAwards to stay connected.