Behr Paint Company has announced its 2024 Color of the Year, Cracked Pepper (PPU18-01). The paint company says the moody color is a timeless and modern hue that awakens the senses and exudes confidence on every scale.
DIYers, designers and professionals alike can incorporate Cracked Pepper into their projects and help transform any space by wrapping the walls to make a bold statement or adding an accent for a hint of sophistication.
"As we look into 2024, creating a sense of comfort and belonging will continue to drive design decisions —but now, as life returns to its more familiar rhythms, it's time to allow our senses to come alive," says Erika Woelfel, Vice President of Color and Creative Services at Behr Paint Company. "From heightening the aromas of a dining room to feeling the softness of a living area, Cracked Pepper enhances the natural expression in any space."
New research conducted by Behr Paint reveals:
- More than half of Americans (54 percent) say black tones in the home create a new energy and vibe.
- Two- thirds (64 percent) of Americans agree that black tones in the home make a space feel bold.
- More than half (57 percent) of Americans say that painting a wall a dark(er) color gives the room a designer aesthetic.
- Three-quarters (74 percent) of Americans would consider painting an area or room a dark color.
- Half (50 percent) of Americans say a dark color on the wall(s) makes a room feel elevated.
- More than half of Millennials (61 percent) agree black tones instantly give the home a fresh look.
- Half (50 percent) of Americans say a dark color on the wall(s) creates a sense of comfort in the home.
"We recognize the growing desire for using darker colors throughout spaces," says Jodi Allen, Global Chief Marketing Officer at Behr Paint Company. "Adding a soft black like Cracked Pepper evokes a sense of confidence and individuality that we want all of our customers to feel after completing a project."
The deep and dynamic hue transcends design styles from modern, classic, casual, retro and more, while pairing seamlessly with other colors, finishes, patterns, and textures. From homes to hospitality, and everything in between, Cracked Pepper's confidence radiates from any wall it coats, trim it touches, surface it sweeps or item it's applied to.
The 2024 Color of the Year is also featured in the expertly curated BEHR® Designer Collection of 30 best-selling neutral colors. Created to help DIYers, designers and professionals choose color with confidence, the timeless collection streamlines the paint selection process, turning ordinary home improvement projects into designer-quality makeovers.
To celebrate the 2024 Color of the Year, Behr Paint is hosting a sweepstakes on Instagram starting on August 16th. Five winners will each receive $10,000 to help them transform and elevate a space in their home with Cracked Pepper. Follow @behrpaint on Instagram to learn more about how to enter. Terms and conditions apply. For official rules, visit: behr.com/2024cotysweepstakes.