Dallas Market Center this week announced event details for the January Total Home & Gift Market, including a full schedule of seminars, celebrity guests, educational opportunities and events for the interior design community.
“The design community is increasingly seeking inspiring products and learning opportunities,” said Cindy Morris, President and CEO of Dallas Market Center. “In January we will provide the new products and resources, paired with the events, seminars, networking, and educational opportunities to help them keep up with industry trends and learn from design influencers.”
Events and opportunities geared toward interior designers and those interested in home design include:
- Oscar-winning actress, director and author Diane Keaton will share about her “love affair with houses and design,” as she talks through creating stylish spaces in association with her book, “The House That Pinterest Built.” The 1 p.m. conversation on Thursday, Jan. 19 in the WTC 1 Atrium will be followed by a book signing in the Aidan Gray showroom, WTC 10009.
- The ARTS Awards Preview Night party takes place Thursday beginning at 6 p.m. in The Gallery at the Interior Home + Design Center. The 29th annual ARTS Awards is the leading awards event honoring the home industry. Guests may review ARTS Awards product finalists and network with colleagues and then attend the black-tie gala on Friday, Jan. 19 at the Hilton Anatole. Tickets are limited and can be purchased ahead of time here.
A Design Panel series will host industry leaders and celebrities delivering discussions on design-industry topics:
- Michael Mitchell, Tyler Hill, and Alexa Hampton will host a discussion called Developing Product is Not for the Faint of Heart on Wednesday at 2 p.m. in the Interior Home + Design Center, IHDC 1D205.
- Julia Buckingham, Robin Baron, and Steven Favreau present a discussion called Diversifying Design at 10 a.m. on Thursday in IHDC 1D205.
- Dann Foley, Libby Langdon, and Michelle Workman will have a discussion called Broaden Your Brand: Tips and Tactics to Really Grow Your Design Business at 3 p.m. on Thursday in IHDC 1D205.
- Nancy Price, Kelli Ellis, and Rebecca Robeson host a talk on The Business of Interior Design on Friday at 1 p.m. in IHDC 1D205.
Buyers and designers will also have the chance to win exclusive giveaways. The WTC 5 & 6 Giveaway will start on Wednesday and ends at 2 p.m. on Friday. Those who spend $1,000 in a showroom on WTC 5 or WTC 6 will be entered to win one of two $500 gift cards. The winners will be announced at 3 p.m. on WTC 6 on Friday.
The 9, 10, & 11 Giveaway will start on Wednesday and ends at 3 p.m. on Friday. Buyers who write an order in a showroom on WTC 9, 10, or 11 during Market will be entered to win exclusive products from showrooms on floors 9, 10 and 11. The winners will be announced at 4 p.m. on WTC 10 on Friday.
Retailers and designers can see curated vignettes from some of the leading interior designers in the industry at the Traditional Home Showhouse: Designer Vignettes event in IHDC 1D421 every day of Market. Attendees can even have the chance to meet the designers behind each vignette at the Designer Meet & Greet on Wednesday from 2:30-3:30 p.m. in IHDC 1D421.
Buyers can end their first day of Market with a night of wine, bites, and jazz at IHDC Wine Down on Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. on IHDC 1.
In addition to events and speakers there are a number of hospitalities and amenities to amplify the overall Market experience:
- Designers can start off their day with a complimentary Bloody Mary Wednesday through Friday at 8:30 a.m. on the first floor of IHDC.
- A new Interior Café & Bar will debut in the Interior Home + Design Center where designers can enjoy everything from salads and artisan flatbreads to beer and wine.
- The Designers’ Concierge Hosted by ASID Texas and IDS on WTC 5 Atrium will be available Thursday through Saturday for anyone who has questions about Dallas Market Center and where to find the best resources on campus.
- DMC TV, the live broadcast platform for news from Dallas Market Center, returns for January Market. DMC TV Live at 9, the popular morning talk show, will take place Wednesday,Thursday and Friday at 9 a.m. in the atrium of the World Trade Center with special guests and segments previewing market events, trends, personalities, and the latest market news. Live at 9 will be broadcast across campus, via Facebook Live and online at www.dallasmarketcenter.com/dmctv.
- The Designers’ Lounge in Light + Design on Ten will be open Wednesday through Sunday. Buyers can enjoy wine every day of Market from 1-6 p.m. Also on Saturday, designers can enjoy fruit, cheese and drinks starting at 1 p.m.
- Buyers can also enjoy daily wine in The Gallery in the Interior Home + Design Center every day of Market from 1-6 p.m.
For the full list of market events, visit www.dallasmarketcenter.com.