The High Point Market Authority announces a robust programming schedule, a variety of program elements, and 13 sponsors for the Sustainability Stories program happening during the fall High Point Market. Shining a spotlight on sustainability through an immersive, inspirational experience, the program will explore the home furnishings industry’s embrace of sustainability.
Open daily during Market, Sustainability Stories at Center Stage will introduce attendees to the latest innovations and opportunities in sustainable furnishings, materials, and design and introduce new ways to grow one’s business in this increasingly important market.
Beginning on Friday, October 15, educational programming will welcome various topic experts to Center Stage at 11am and 2pm daily. Featuring designers, manufacturers, and industry associations, the lineup will overview a diverse array of opportunities for the home furnishings industry and offer actionable advice for those looking to improve their eco-footprint.
Scheduled seminars include:
- The Big Shift: Why Circular Design is the Way of the Future, featuring Chad Bolick, Laurence Carr, Susan Inglis, Cisco Pinedo, and Kathryn Richardson
- 3 Distinct Views - One Eco-Focused Goal, featuring Rachel Bradley, Laurence Carr, Nancy Fire, and Jennifer Levy
- Foam Recycling: Creating Jobs for Today and Home Decor for Tomorrow, featuring Scott Jones
- Eco-Friendly Manufacturing: A look behind the scenes, featuring Brian Brigham, Nancy Fire, Jay Hertwig, Jason Phillips, and Erin Weston
- Weaving Together Social Impact and Sustainability, featuring Jennifer Levy and Sasha Wallace
- Navigating the Sustainable Product World, featuring Hilary Farr and Nancy Fire
Special programming also scheduled includes:
- The Sustainable Furnishings Council Presents: The Green Ribbon Awards, hosted by Laurence Carr, John Douglas Eason, Anelle Gandelman, and Susan Inglis
- Designer Meet & Greet for Sustainable Room Designs, featuring Laurence Carr, Nancy Fire, and Jennifer Levy
- The Sustainable Furnishings Council’s 2021 Wood Furniture Scorecard Results, hosted by Breegan Jane and Susan Inglis
Beyond programming, several elements will be available throughout the entirety of Fall Market. Product storyboards will highlight several High Point Market exhibitors and other industry partners with their individual eco-focuses, sharing the variety of ways furniture manufacturers and others in the industry can prioritize sustainability. The sustainable storyboards exhibit will feature:
- Antique and Design Center of High Point
- Appalachian Hardwood Manufacturers, Inc.
- City of High Point
- Crypton Home Recycled Cotton Fabric featured on Cisco Home
- Crypton Home Recycled Cotton Fabric featured on Rowe Furniture
- Copeland Furniture
- Jaipur Living
- Libeco Inc.
- Sustainable Furnishings Council
- Triad Non-Profit Foam Recycling Project
Three featured designers – Laurence Carr, Nancy Fire, and Jennifer Levy – with expertise in sustainable design will curate room vignettes composed of sustainably-focused products from High Point Market exhibitors, telling the story of how an earth-friendly focus can easily be incorporated in beautiful and functional interior design projects.
Unifi’s REPREVE Mobile Tour will participate, sharing how their partnerships with furniture manufacturers are transforming recyclable bottles into fibers for home furnishings.
A recycling station will be on hand to encourage Market attendees to actively participate in an important aspect of the program’s focus.
Saturday and Sunday evenings will transition the space to the popular Eats & Beats event, offering Market attendees complimentary food and beverages in a relaxing outdoor setting with local musical entertainment.
This program will encompass the highly trafficked Center Stage area, located adjacent to the Transportation Terminal. More details can be found on High Point Market’s website.