Ready to put your best design foot forward? Next week, Lighting & Decor will host its second First Look at Last Look competition. The winner will be featured in the Last Look department of the July 2018 issue. This issue is particularly special because it will be sent to both Las Vegas Market and AmericasMart Atlanta for bonus distribution. The competition will open on Monday, May 21, and close on Friday, May 25.
The First Look at Last Look competition helps the editors at Lighting & Decor choose an interior designer to feature in the Last Look department. This department showcases the work of an interior designer and gives that designer a chance to talk about the intricacies of the project. This is a social media competition in which likes will translate to votes and help us decide who is worthy of the coveted Last Look slot.
All the likes, in combination with Lighting & Decor’s editors’ likes, will determine the winner.
Last January, designer April Force Pardoe wowed the judges and social media followers with a living room photo from a newly built Colonial-style home in Laurel, MD. Her pattern mixing and attention to detail made for a great photo and an interesting read.
Now's your chance to join the Last Look ranks with Pardoe, Arianne Bellizaire, Corey Damen Jenkins and Lisa Melone McCloughen. Here's how to enter and what you should know about the First Look at Last Look competition.
How to Enter the First Look at Last Look Competition
Because so many of our interior designer readers have such strong Instagram games, we're moving the competition from Facebook to Instagram and making it easier than ever to enter. The competition will open on Instagram on Monday, May 21 and close on Friday, May 25. Here's how it works:
1. On your own Instagram account, post a photo of your best residential design work — any room, any style, any budget. In the description, tell us a little bit about the project and what made it particularly fun, interesting, challenging or rewarding. Be sure to include the hashtag #LastLookEntry — that's how we'll know you've officially entered. Please also have a high-resolution file with the following specifications available: 10x12”, 300 DPI.
2. Encourage your social media followers to like your photo. Each like is one vote for your photo. While comments are welcome, they will not be counted as votes.
3. If you win, be available to answer questions...
Voting will close on Friday, May 25, and we will announce the winner shortly thereafter.
To make this a fair competition for all, please make sure you follow these rules:
- Designers may only submit one image to the First Look at Last Look competition.
- Images with the hashtag #LastLookEntry will be included in the judging. Tagging Lighting & Decor's Instagram account in a post does not include that post in the competition, although designers may do both if they wish.
- No commercial designs may be submitted.
- Nominations will not be accepted. The designer must enter themselves and be prepared to answer questions and submit a hi-res photo of the project in the event that he or she wins.
The winning photo of the First Look at Last Look competition will be featured in the Last Look department of the July 2018 issue. The designer will need to answer a few questions about the design and have a hi-res image on hand to be used in print.
The Last Look department gives interior designers the recognition they deserve and the chance to be an industry expert among their peers. In addition to our 40,000 subscribers, this issue will also be available at the summer editions of Las Vegas Market and the Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market.
For questions, contact Editor-in-Chief Nicole Davis at email@example.com.
Good luck to all!