Pantone LLC, a global authority on color and provider of professional color standards for the design industries, announced the Pantone Fashion Color Trend Report Spring/Summer 2019 edition for New York Fashion Week (NYFW). Published for the fashion industry by the Pantone Color Institute, a trend forecasting and color consultancy, this season’s report features the top 12 stand out colors, as well as current takes on the four classic neutrals we can expect to see from fashion designers on the runway as they reveal their highly anticipated spring/summer collections.
According to Pantone Color Institute’s color experts, spring/summer 2019 reflects our desire to face the future with empowering colors that provide confidence and spirit; colors that are uplifting; joyful hues that lend themselves to playful expressionism and take us down a path of creative and unexpected combinations.
“The mindset for Spring/Summer 2019 underscores our desire for color that transcends seasonality and brings together high fashion and street style,” said Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute. “Vibrant without being overpowering, highlighted shades for both men’s and women’s fashion illustrate our desire for authenticity and our continued need for creativity and relatable, accessible design.”
Spring/Summer 2019 NYFW Color Palette:
Lively hues supported by an array of reliable classics defines the spring/summer 2019 color story for men’s and women’s fashion.
- PANTONE 17-1564 Fiesta: A festive orange red, Fiesta radiates energy, passion and excitement.
- PANTONE 19-1862 Jester Red: Adding depth and intensity, Jester Red combines rich elegance with urbanity.
- PANTONE 15-1264 Turmeric: Turmeric is an enlivening orange that infuses a hint of pungency into the palette.
- PANTONE 16-1546 Living Coral: Living Coral is an affable and animating shade whose golden undertone gives it a softer edge.
- PANTONE 18-2045 Pink Peacock: The tantalizingly theatrical Pink Peacock fans out to a feast for the eyes.
- PANTONE 17-0542 Pepper Stem: Zesty yellow-green Pepper Stem encourages our desire for nature’s healthy bounty.
- PANTONE 13-0850 Aspen Gold: Brightening our day, sunny Aspen Gold stimulates feelings of joy and good cheer.
- PANTONE 19-4150 Princess Blue: Princess Blue, a majestic royal blue hue, glistens and gleams.
- PANTONE 18-1031 Toffee: Deliciously irresistible, tasteful Toffee whets the appetite.
- PANTONE 15-0960 Mango Mojito: The golden yellow Mango Mojito feeds our craving for pleasant comforts.
- PANTONE 18-0416 Terrarium Moss: Terrarium Moss conjures up thoughts of flourishing foliage and the physical beauty in the natural world.
- PANTONE 14-2808 Sweet Lilac: An endearing pink infused lavender, Sweet Lilac’s easy and gentle manner quietly charms.
Spring/Summer 2019 Neutrals:
There will always be a need for structure in everyday fashion. This season’s classics work well on their own or serve as a foundation for distinctive color contrasts.
- PANTONE 13-0919 Soybean: Subtle Soybean naturally appeals as a reliable and versatile neutral.
- PANTONE 19-3810 Eclipse: A deep blue redolent of the midnight sky, thoughtful Eclipse is both serious and mysterious.
- PANTONE 11-0106 Sweet Corn: Sweet Corn tempts with its soft and buttery attitude.
- PANTONE 19-0805 Brown Granite: Grounded and strong, Brown Granite is understated, authentic and timeless.