Dallas Market Center and ART, the creative home furnishings network, honored 12 heroes of the pandemic at the HEARTS Awards, which took place Friday, June 26 in Dallas during the summer edition of Total Home & Gift Market and Lightovation.
The HEARTS Awards, hosted by Carson Kressley and Thom Filicia, was a one-time special event held in partnership and solidarity with twelve leading industry organizations to honor companies and individuals that have shown outstanding leadership, empathy, and service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Nearly 200 guests attended the gala event held in the World Trade Center atrium on the campus of Dallas Market Center. Honorees included:
- American Leather Holdings, presented by American Home Furnishings Alliance
- Serta Simmons, presented by American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame
- WAC Lighting, presented by the American Lighting Association
- Stephen Joseph Gifts, presented by Gift & Home Trade Association
- Mercado Global, presented by Gift for Life
- Baltimore Design Group, presented by Interior Design Society
- Telescope Casual Furniture, presented by International Casual Furnishings Association
- Caroline Hipple and Norwalk Furniture, presented by International Home Furnishings Representative Association
- Dudley Moore and Otto & Moore, presented by International Society of Furniture Designers
- Crypton Fabric, presented by International Textile Alliance
- Varaluz, presented by Sustainable Furnishings Council
- Ekornes, presented by WithIt
“Gathering together for the first time, these top industry organizations were united by gratitude to recognize and honor heart-based leadership,” said Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center.
Added Sharon Davis, executive director of ART: “The evening was magical and uplifting. Thank you to the associations and inspiring honorees for their selfless generosity.”
During the event, recognition was also made for the HEARTS Awards silent auction benefitting No Kid Hungry held in January, which featured more than 70 one-of-a-kind plates creatively transformed by artists, designers, celebrities, influencers and special guests. The fundraising goal was met thanks to the participation of plate artists including Jane Seymour, Thom Filicia, Bobby Berk, Justina Blakeney, Carson Kressley, Thomas O’Brien, Jamie Drake, Libby Langdon, Adam Glassman (Oprah Daily), Julia Buckingham, Anna Bond (Rifle Paper Co.) Joe Ruggiero, Jeffrey Alan Marks, Jason Phillips (Phillips Collection), George Sellers (Global Views), Dann Foley, Alexander Julian, Bunny Williams, Barbara Barry, and Beatriz Ball. Special thanks to Rosenthal for providing the plates for the silent auction and to Freightwire and Global Views for their generous donations to support the auction.
HEARTS Awards media sponsors included: Aspire Design and Home, Designers Today, D Home, Furniture Lighting & Décor, Furniture/Today, Furniture World, Gifts & Decorative Accessories, Home Accents Today, HFN, and Home Textiles Today.