Below are some trends our editors spotted at the fall 2019 High Point Market across all home categories. Check out the gallery after the list for examples.
- Jewel tones are still around this season, but we're seeing them all — green, blue, yellow, pink and orange — in warmer hues. These colors combined with bold patterns — also trending — can help designers apply the layering techniques that we heard about throughout the week.
- In addition to the warm jewel tones, we noticed champagne upholstery across furniture categories. Soft golden hues with a slight shimmer adorned upholstery in many of the showrooms we visited.
- Hygge is still hot. We saw boucle textiles and other soft textures adorn everything from sofas to rugs, creating a cozy feel.
- From tables and decorative accessories to lighting and even artwork, facets and faceted patterns are making a statement across categories.
- Natural materials are still around in a big way, and we’re seeing them displayed on furniture, lighting and decor in caned and woven fashions.
- Speaking of natural materials, we saw an influx of marble on surfaces including tabletops, mirrors and lamps.
- Animal print has been trending for a while, but we saw it in some unconventional places — on upholstery and pillows, but also lamps and rugs.
- Sculptural shapes are adding visual interest to furniture, lighting and decorative accessories. Despite their neutral colors, their bold shapes make a statement.