The HEARTS Awards, to be hosted by Carson Kressley and Thom Filicia, is a one-time special event to take place during the January Total Home & Gift Market in Dallas.The event is being held in partnership and solidarity with 13 leading industry organizations to honor 13 companies that have shown outstanding leadership, empathy and service during the COVID-19 pandemic by going above and beyond in service to their industry and/or community. The event also includes a fundraising auction supporting No Kid Hungry.
· No Kid Hungry, presented by ART and Dallas Market Center
· American Leather Holdings, presented by American Home Furnishings Alliance
· Serta Simmons, presented by American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame
· WAC Lighting, presented by the American Lighting Association
· Stephen Joseph Gifts, presented by Gift & Home Trade Association
· Mercado Global, presented by Gift for Life
· Baltimore Design Group, presented by Interior Design Society
· Telescope Casual Furniture, presented by International Casual Furnishings Association
· Norwalk Furniture, presented by International Home Furnishings Representative Association
· Otto & Moore, presented by International Society of Furniture Designers
· Crypton Fabric, presented by International Textile Alliance
· Varaluz, presented by Sustainable Furnishings Council
· Ekornes, presented by WithIt
“Never before have so many industry organizations joined together for such an important cause,” said Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center. “During challenging times, we are proud to unite these leaders for such an inspiring event and to share their stories of heart-based leadership.”
“I am amazed at the compassion, the selflessness, and the leadership shown by these companies over the past several months,” said Sharon Davis, executive director of ART. “Their individual efforts supported communities around the world and their collective efforts helped hundreds of thousands of people. This year we will celebrate their achievements and at the same time work together to raise funds for hunger relief with a creative silent auction.”
Auction for a Cause
The HEARTS Awards silent auction will feature more than 70 one-of-a-kind plates creatively transformed by artists, designers, celebrities, influencers and special guests to be auctioned to the highest bidder. The auction will begin online in early November ahead of The HEARTS Awards and will conclude on the evening of the event. Participating in the creative fundraiser are figures from the world of product design, interior design and the arts including Jane Seymour, Thom Filicia, Bobby Berk, Justina Blakeney, Carson Kressley, Thomas O’Brien, Jamie Drake, Libby Langdon, Adam Glassman (O, the Oprah Magazine), Julia Buckingham, Anna Bond (Rifle Paper Co.) Joe Ruggiero, Jeffrey Alan Marks, Jason Phillips (Phillips Collection), George Sellers (Global Views), Dann Foley, Alexander Julian, Bunny Williams, Barbara Barry and Beatriz Ball.
To support the charitable fundraiser of the HEARTS Awards on social media please use the hashtag #hearts4hunger.
The HEARTS Awards event will take place on January 8, 2021 at the Hilton Anatole hotel. Individual and group tickets will be available at a later date. The full list of honorees will be announced in October. Complete information is available here: www.dallasmarketcenter.com/artsawards.
Special thanks to Rosenthal for providing the plates for the silent auction and to Freightwire and Global Views for their generous donations to support the auction.
Media sponsors to date include: Aspire Design and Home, Furniture, Lighting & Decor, D Home, Designers Today, Furniture/Today, Furniture World, Gifts & Decorative Accessories, Home Accents Today, HFN and Home Textiles Today.