The International Society of Furniture Designers (ISFD) has announced the winners of its new INNOVATION + DESIGN furnishings and lighting design competition.
Twenty-six professional and student finalists competed for the Best of Show and Category Winner distinctions. The juried and curated competition was open to ISFD members as well as members of the professional maker/designer community and post-secondary students.
“Scheduling this year’s competition awards celebration presented many challenges due to the pandemic,” stated John Conrad, executive director of ISFD. “I want to thank all of the designers for very creative entries and their flexibility as the best laid plans kept changing. Due to its inaugural success, we are planning to offer this competition again next year using the format we originally created this year.”
Best of Show winners are:
- Professional Best of Show - Scott Stevens, professional occasional tables, Little Leafy
- Student Best of Show - Erin Tutcher, student seating, Ella-Fainting Couch
Category winners are:
- Professional Accessories - Dean Babin, Emmet Table Lamp
- Professional Dining Room Furniture - David Ringheim, Equilibrium Dining Table
- Professional Occasional Storage - Kristina McLoud, Pillow Tower
- Professional Seating - Bruce Bradford, Wenge Rocking Chair
- Student Accessories - Adam Maloney, Desk Organizer
- Student Dining Room Furniture - Samuel Somerville, Oasis Tea Cabinet
- Student Lighting - Kristen Pinsky, Ashlyne McComb & Jacqueline Occhipinti, Flaming Ambience
- Student Occasional Storage - Razan Hadidi, Tea Treasure Box
- Student Occasional Tables - Andrew Jacobs, Alba Coffee Table
- Student Seating - Christopher Merchant, Drift Chair
The Best of Show Professional and Student winners each receive $1000, Professional Category winners receive $500 and Student Category winners receive $250. In addition to the cash prizes the winners also receive a free one-year ISFD membership and their work will be exclusively featured on the ISFD website and in the organization’s newsletter along with their interviews conducted through Furniture Today’s social media channels. As no live display was possible due to the cancellation of the April High Point Market, the People’s Choice Awards competition was cancelled for this year.
INNOVATION + DESIGN is supported by ISFD, Sherwin Williams, International Market Centers, the High Point Market Authority, Alderman Studios, Old Dominion Freight Line and Theater Art Galleries (TAG) and Furniture Today.