Looking Beyond Email

08/21/2019
Printer Friendly, PDF & Email
Multichannel marketing

The average email open rate spans a range starting at 16.48% for marketing and advertising industry-related emails to 27% for emails related to hobbies. For the remaining industries and interests, the average open rate hovers around 22%. 

What happens to the remaining 77–78% of unopened emails? Spam filters, trash files . . . you name it, they don’t get opened, and they remain among the lost marketing opportunities running rampant throughout businesses today.

Well, we’re here to tell you that you don’t have to settle for 22%. With an integrated marketing approach to your promotions, you can reach many more customers. You just have to think outside of email.

What Is Integrated Marketing?

Integrated marketing melds all marketing channels into one seamless, customer-centric approach. Instead of thinking about push marketing through a single channel such as email, an integrated approach considers the customer first, the message second and the channels (plural) third. By using multiple channels to reach customers with your marketing message, you’ll have multiple opportunities to pique their interest, engage their attention and inspire action.

Looking Beyond Email: What’s Next?

Consider the average company which sends a weekly email blast to its customer base. If on average a mere 22% of their list opens the email, the remaining 78% of customers do not see the content and message.

Where are the remaining 78%? They are:

  1. Engaging with the company via social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or another platform to keep up with the company.
  2. Flipping through magazines or trade publications in waiting rooms, on trains or relaxing after a hard day at work, where they may spot a company’s print ad.
  3. Surfing the web, where they encounter the company’s ads on their favorite search engine or website.
  4. Finding ads for the company mysteriously following them as they check news, weather and sports on various sites thanks to the magic of ad networks.
  5. Watching ads for the brand on their favorite online video platform.
  6. Finding a direct mail piece in their mailbox illustrating a promotion or sale going on. 
  7. Attending an event hosted by company.

 

Now, if you focus solely on email marketing, you’ll miss many opportunities to engage with your customers. Looking beyond email and incorporating other marketing channels into your mix will help you encounter additional customer touchpoints that provide many opportunities to engage with your customers, remind them of your brand value, and invite them to visit, click or shop.

You know the old saying, “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket?” It is a good idea to not put all your advertising budget into one platform, either.

Instead, use integrated tactics and spread your marketing budget across targeted, strategic channels so you can diversify your reach and obtain a higher response rate. We can build an effective integrated marketing campaign for you that utilizes the latest tools and tracks the ROI of your campaigns. 

Related Content

By now you can see that there are many ways to promote and advertise your business that reach wel
CRM data targeting brings together offline and online advertising to produce the digital equivale
Are you using Facebook to promote your business? If so, that’s a smart move.