Natuzzi Americas is transforming its iconic High Point showroom into a multi-tenant building housing the largest exhibition space dedicated to a curated selection of Italian design home furnishings at the Market. The grand opening of the new venue is set for Fall Market, October 16-20, 2021.
The ship will be now rebranded Casa Italia. Natuzzi Italia and Natuzzi Editions will anchor the first floor and are excited to welcome eight new exhibitors this fall.
According to Jason Camp, president of Natuzzi Americas, the Casa Italia concept is the highest and best use of this iconic building. “We are pleased to unite Italy’s strongest home brands in the heart of the High Point Market.”
“There is a tremendous sense of passion and positive energy among the highly curated group of Italian brands that we have assembled. Each company joining us is globally recognized as a leader in their category—making Casa Italia an exciting new venue for shoppers and a center of excellence for Italian design,” added Pasquale Natuzzi, founder and chairman of Natuzzi.
Located in the heart of downtown at 130 W. Commerce Avenue, the 110,000-square-foot iconic building was designed by architect Mario Bellini of Milan, Italy. The four-story landmark resembles a ship’s bow, complete with a gangplank entrance, porthole-shaped windows, and a moat. Christened to great fanfare at the Spring Market in 1998, the building has housed the showroom and Natuzzi Americas’ offices ever since.
Among the Made in Italy brands exhibiting at Casa Italia this fall:
- Calia Italia: A manufacturer of sofas and chairs in leather and fabric known for outstanding artisanship, attention to detail and unmistakable comfort.
- Calligaris: Proudly Italian and 100% international, Calligaris brings 100 years of experience to the world of contemporary furniture design. Calligaris believes in the importance of creating a Total Look for the home: living, dining, sleeping, working, playing, and everything in between.
- Connubia: CalligarisGroup’s irreverent, young and dynamic brand: a refreshingly colorful take on everyday essentials. This new collection includes versatile indoor and outdoor products manufactured with responsibly sourced materials.
- Ditre Italia: Renowned for the sartorial excellence emblematic of the Made in Italy label, Ditre Italia focuses on the concept of “Designwear”: not just sofas, beds and accessories for living areas and bedrooms, but first and foremost a unique and timeless interior design concept.
- Gamma Arredamenti: High-end, handmade leather upholstery made in Italy with a modern aesthetic.
- Luceplan: An extensive, versatile range of lighting fixtures made in Italy, with high standards of performance and aesthetics. Luceplan award-winning products combine functional quality with the decorative appeal of architecture for the small and the large scale.
- Natuzzi Italia: Collection designed by internationally renowned designers offers a wide selection of signature sofas, as well as storage for the living room, dining room and bedroom, and accent lamps, accessories, and rugs.
- Natuzzi Editions: A wide range of innovative sofas with unmistakable style and absolute comfort, entirely made in Natuzzi, from the initial design, which takes place in the Italian Style Center, to the final sofa’s assembly in factories owned by the Group.
- Nicoletti Home: An internationally recognized Italian brand specializing in distinctive upholstered furniture with contemporary style and exceptional comfort.
- Tomasella: Exquisite modern bedroom and contemporary living room collections with elegant lines and fine details.
“The Natuzzi showroom building has represented the arrival of furniture made in Italy on U.S. shores for some two decades,” Camp notes. “Now, rechristened Casa Italia, the building’s tradition of fashion, quality and craftsmanship, will only continue to grow in scope and importance as we make ready to welcome these new tenants and others for future markets.”