The High Point Market Authority (HPMA) announces its Spring Market programming and events scheduled for HPMA’s branded pop-up venue The Point, which operates daily from Friday, Apr. 21, to Wednesday, Apr. 26.
The Point is a nexus for High Point Market programming organized by HPMA, including educational events and industry mixers. The temporary venue is centrally located on the Market campus to serve as a daily lunch spot, lounge, and a guest services center, where Market Advisors are on hand to provide information and guidance regarding the trade show.
First-time and new buyers are encouraged to visit The Point for in-person seminars and other support. On opening day, Marisa Wilson, author of ‘The Cool Girl's Guide to High Point Market,’ will offer up tips for navigating the trade show, along with interior designers Amber Guyton and Isabel Ladd. The hour-long presentation will begin at 2pm on Fri., April 21, and is followed by a New Buyer Mixer social event, starting at 3pm.
A well-rounded schedule of events is on tap for Spring Market, providing business insights, trend reports, and networking opportunities led by industry experts.
This season’s High Point Market lineup includes:
- How to Become a Market Maven with Marisa Wilson, Amber Guyton, and Isabel Ladd
- New Buyer Mixer: a fun networking opportunity to learn with your peers
- Hospitality Design: The good, the bad, and the ugly with David Cohen, Deana Duffek, Erinn Valencich, Kelli Ellis, Breegan Jane; sponsored by Baldwin Hardware.
- Expanding Your Design Business Through Antiques with Toma Clark Haines, Andrea Hysmith
- International Society of Furniture Designers Membership Mixer is open to non-members
- 2023 Sustainable Trends with Shayla Copas, Christian Daw, Lindsay Schleis, Megan Pierson; sponsored by Polywood
- Creativity: A Diverse Perspective with Michel Smith Boyd, Alejandra Thompson de Jordan, Marjorie Skouras, Gary Inman; sponsored by Currey & Company
- Design Trade Service Social welcomes designers to network and learn how to improve their business
- The Work of Design LIVE! Sponsored by Studio Designer, with Keith Granet, Andy Singer, Alex Shuford, and Windsor Smith.
- Playground for Profit: Marketing that Gets You Clients While You’re Having Fun, with interior design business coach and author Melissa Galt. A book signing follows this event.
- New Buyer Mixer: another chance to network and learn
- Textiles of Tomorrow: Focusing on 2024 with Jaye Anna Mize and Carrie Dillon
Details for all events at The Point are posted on the High Point Market website.
The Point is conveniently situated one block west of the Transportation Terminal on Commerce Ave, and is open to registered High Point Market buyers on Fri., April. 21, through Tue., April 25, from 8 am to 8 pm. The Point closes at 5 pm on Wed., Apr. 26.
Throughout Spring Market, visitors are invited to use the interior photo wall for taking selfies, along with the branded #HPMKTmemory hashtag printer.
Evening hospitality includes After Hours at The Point, featuring craft beer from local brewery, Brown Truck Brewery, and wines from La Crema, Friday through Tuesday from 5 pm to 8 pm, sponsored by La Crema Wines
Featured furnishings in The Point are sourced from High Point Market exhibitors and partners, including Crypton, Crystorama, Currey & Company, Four Hands, Hudson Valley Lighting, Hunter Douglas, Phillips Collection, Regina Andrew, Sherwin-Williams, Splashworks, TOV Furniture, and ZUO.