WithIt, the professional development network for women in the home furnishings industry, is accepting nominations for its WOW Awards through July 23.
The WOW Award categories are:
- Visionary Award - For a successful woman of achievement whose insight and actions have significantly impacted the home and furnishings industries and/or WithIt.
- Mentoring Award - For an executive or organization that has fostered advocacy, development or promotion of women in their company.
- Education Award - For an executive or company which has developed programs to educate associates, retailers or consumers about home and furnishings industries.
- Leadership Award - For a woman over 40 who has demonstrated successful leadership in her company, in WithIt, and/or in the home and furnishings industry.
- Future Leadership Award - For a woman under 40 who has demonstrated outstanding achievement and the potential to become an industry leader.
- Sales Excellence Award - For a woman who is extraordinary in sales, demonstrates excellence in education and relationships with her customers, and exceptional commitment to the manufacturers she represents.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I have to be a WithIt member to nominate?
No. We welcome nominations from everyone in the industry.
Does the nominee have to be a WithIt member?
No. Nominees do not have to be a member of WithIt. Our goal is to honor women in the industry.
What is the process after I nominate someone?
The WOW Awards committee forms a panel of 3-4 industry women to read the nominations and determine who our three nominees will be. The more information you give on the nomination form about why this person deserves an award, the easier it is for the panel to determine our nominees.
Once the nominees have been contacted and confirmed, they will submit an application to WithIt along with letters of recommendation. These applications are read and voted on by a panel of industry leaders (women and men) who comprise different segments of the industry. The panel of judges changes every year. The tally of these votes determines our award recipients.