WithIt, the women's leadership development network serving the home and furnishings industries, has announced the formation of an Executive Advisory Council. The Council is a group of influential leaders who support the Board of Directors to create the best women leaders in the industry. In its first year the Council includes 9 seats of industry leaders:
- Andy Bernstein, President, FurnitureDealer.net
- Jena Hall, Principal, Jena Hall Designs
- Caroline Hipple, President, Norwalk Furniture Company
- Laura Levinson, Chief Creative Officer, Valdese Weavers
- Karen McNeill, CEO, American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame
- Julie Messner, Senior Vice President Furniture Leasing, International Market Centers
- Ron Sellers, Senior VP, Co-founder, ecUtopia
- Catherine Silver, President, Progressive Business Media
Each council member will serve a three year term and new members will be added each year. The Councils role is to advise the WithIt Board on the strategic long-term plan of the organization, advocate for the WithIt mission and identify resources to facilitate WithIt’s goals. The Council is led by Pamela Thomas, Director of Supply Chain, Universal Furniture and WithIt’s Chairman Board of Directors and Chairman of Executive Advisory Council.
“The creation of the Executive Advisory Council has been a personal mission of mine during my leadership at WithIt. By tapping into our industry’s leaders and working together we can create the best organization for developing and supporting women leaders today and in the future,” Thomas said.
The Executive Advisory Council had its first meeting during the spring High Point Market to officially kick-off the Council and share background information on WithIt.