Paint, color and coatings brand Benjamin Moore has revealed its Color of the Year 2021 as Aegean Teal — "an intriguing blue-green that creates natural harmony and invites us to reflect and reset." Rooted in the elegant, handspun textures of the home, the Benjamin Moore Color Trends 2021 palette is designed to comfort as it uplifts.
In an intimate look at the home, Color Trends 2021 begins in the kitchen, exploring how this intersection of craft, nourishment and community breathes color and design inspiration into the rest of the living space, the company says. The Color Trends 2021 palette and the Color of the Year reflect this grounded sensibility with warm, sunbaked hues that play to the senses.
“Amid uncertainty, people yearn for stability. The colors we surround ourselves with can have a powerful impact on our emotions and wellbeing,” says Andrea Magno, Benjamin Moore Director of Color Marketing & Development. “Aegean Teal 2136-40 and the corresponding Color Trends 2021 palette express a welcoming, lived-in quality that celebrates the connections and real moments that take place within the home.”
The Full Palette
Thoughtfully chosen for their modernity as much as their time-tested appeal, the 12 hues in the Color Trends 2021 palette provide an easy starting point for homeowners to revitalize their spaces in unique ways:
- Aegean Teal 2136-40: A blend of blue-green and gray, Aegean Teal 2136-40 is an intriguing midtone that creates natural harmony.
- Atrium White OC-145: This color is part of the Off-White Color collection. Inherently sophisticated and endlessly versatile, the Off-White collection offers subtle nuances of whites that suit tranquil, serene environments as well as creates color-enhancing accents for dynamic spaces.
- Muslin OC-12: This color is part of the Off-White Color collection.
- Foggy Morning 2106-70: Smoky, light, and delicate, foggy morning suggests an early morning walk through woods shrouded in a blanket of dew. Pair it with violet for a sophisticated look.
- Rosy Peach 2089-20: This color is part of Color Preview. A collection of bold, saturated colors that brings spaces to life for those looking to illuminate their world with pure, extraordinary color.
- Beacon Hill Damask HC-2: This color is part of the Historic Color collection. A collection of 191 time-honored hues comprises our most popular palette. Steeped in tradition, the refined, elegant colors of the Historical Collection deliver timeless color that can be used in traditional as well as contemporary spaces.
- Potters Clay 1221: This color is part of the Classic Color Collection. Surround yourself with your color favorites. These timeless, elegant, Classic Colors guarantee beautiful, usable color all the time, every time.
- Chestertown Buff HC-9: An earthy, gently muted maize that works beautifully in both contemporary and classic settings.
- Amazon Soil 2115-30: A hint of black gives this pronounced shade of deepest mauve its rich, velvety quality. Dramatically dark, it inspires a sense of tranquility.
- Gray Cashmere 2138-60: This color is part of Color Preview. A collection of bold, saturated colors that brings spaces to life for those looking to illuminate their world with pure, extraordinary color.
- Kingsport Gray HC-86: This color is part of the Historic Color collection.
- Silhouette AF-655: Red undertones make silhouette a sultry gray that can turn an unremarkable room into a lush, sumptuous space.
To learn more about the Benjamin Moore Color of the Year and Color Trends 2021 palette, order color samples or to find the closest Benjamin Moore retailer, visit benjaminmoore.com. For more information, search #ColorTrends2021 on social media channels including Instagram (@benjaminmoore), Facebook (Benjamin Moore Paints), Pinterest (Benjamin Moore), YouTube (BenjaminMoorePaints) and Twitter (@Benjamin_Moore).