Dallas Market Center’s fall 2018 edition of Dallas Design Week welcomed more than 1,000 members of the design community from Sept. 17 - 21. The week of exclusive events showcased national celebrities and industry experts throughout open-daily design showrooms, as well as the anticipated return of Dine + Design / Colormix 2019 with Sherwin-Williams.
“This was our most successful Design Week to date, and on behalf of our design showrooms we thank all the guests who attended,” said Michael Bauer, Vice President of Retail Development, Design at Dallas Market Center. “The design community truly embraced our efforts and showed up en masse making the week a triumphant success.”
- Dine + Design / Colormix 2019 with Sherwin-Williams: Designer Account Executive Ashlynn Bourque lead guests on a voyage of discovery through this luncheon and trend forecast. Featuring 42 colors gathered into six unique “personalities,” her inspiring presentation was complemented by distinctive design vignettes and exciting giveaways sponsored by Dallas Market Center exhibitors. Nearly 600 guests attended this CEU credited event presented by Dallas Market Center in partnership with Sherwin-Williams, with special thanks to media sponsor Luxe Interiors + Design.
- Dallas Design Week Kick-Off Party: Modern Luxury Interiors and The Gallery started Dallas Design Week in style. Live swing music, dancing, classic cocktails and hors d’oeuvres prepped party goers for an inspiring week of design.
- The Art of Design Collaboration: A panel discussion hosted by Feizy and Modern Luxury Interiors gathered top designers Shay Geyer, Denise McGaha, Michelle Nussbaumer and Jan Showers. These experts shared the stories behind some of the design world’s most captivating collaborations.
- Grand Opening of American Leather Innovation by Contempo Designs: This new open-daily showroom made its debut during Dallas Design Week with desserts, cocktails and giveaways galore.
- Brunch & Book Signing with Moll Anderson: Global Views hosted an exclusive interview with author and interior designer Moll Anderson. Guests had the opportunity to meet Anderson following the presentation as she signed copies of her book, “Change Your Home, Change Your Life with Color: What’s Your Color Story?”
- The Guide to Area Rugs: Designers were immersed in the history of area rugs and their impact on design at this CEU-credited event in the Surya showroom.
- Taking a New Perspective on Textiles: Daniel Stuart Studio hosted Paul Thompson who focused on the aesthetics of bedding featuring the new PERSPECTIVE boutique fabric collection.
- All Press is Good Press: Taylors and media sponsor D Home brought insights and creative tactics from a panel including Michelle Nussbaumer, Molly Mathias and Jamie Laubhan-Oliver, focusing on how designers can get their work published in print and digital media.
- Bubbles & Brunch with Barry Dixon: The design icon demonstrated how he brings the outside in at this brunch seminar hosted by Ethan and Associates with media sponsor Dallas Style & Design.
- Cocktails with Woodson & Rummerfield: Peninsula Home and media partner Luxe Interiors + Design welcomed the dynamic West Coast design duo Woodson & Rummerfield for an elegant happy hour. The pair discussed their distinctive aesthetic and shared their efforts to save iconic Hollywood landmarks.