The International Casual Furnishings Association is adding a new award recognizing outstanding customer service to its roster of honors at the annual Awards Gala. The Unsung Hero Award pays tribute to the manufacturers’ employees who serve as company liaisons with dealers and sales representatives.
“The ICFA has long recognized that there is a group of ‘unsung heroes’ in our business that the industry would be hard-pressed to do without and that is our brave, hardworking customer service representatives,” said Candy Chase, national sales manager of Treasure Garden and chair of ICFA’s Awards Committee. “These unsung heroes are the glue that binds the retailers and manufacturers together, and their devotion to their job truly deserves to be recognized.”
The criteria by which nominees will be reviewed includes:
- Recognized as providing exceptional customer service for their manufacturer and retailers;
- Innovative in their service and ability to problem solve for their customer base;
- Considered a model of professionalism as a customer service representative;
- Has excellent communication skills and provides timely and accurate information; and
- Serves as an inspiration or model for others on being a brand ambassador.
“Now, more than ever in challenging times, the customer service representative’s presence, professionalism, steady calm and sheer desire to do the best for both their manufacturers and retailers alike make then even more invaluable to our industry,” Chase added.
All ICFA members are invited to submit their nominations by June 15. The recipient will be celebrated at the ICFA Awards Gala, scheduled on September 23 at the Chicago Marriott Magnificent Mile.