With the industry gearing up for the next High Point Furniture Market Oct. 21-26, expect to see a stunning display from Sherrill’s brands. This fall’s High Point Market anticipates bringing together around 75,000+ industry professionals from all over the globe to check out new resources and view spectacular furniture showrooms. And this year, attendees to High Point can expect to see the innovative craftsmanship of Sherrill, along with the latest in custom finishes, fabrics, trim styles, nail applications and more in their new showroom.
Sherrill Brands have been producing American-made upholstery and custom furniture since 1945, with a history of supplying high-quality furniture across the United States and Canada. They recently opened a new upholstery plant in Conover, North Carolina, in March 2022 to meet the demand from high-end retailers and designers. This move reflects the Sherrill family’s continued strategic investment in areas such as workforce expansion, manufacturing equipment for its case goods and upholstery facilities, and technological innovation. Their investments are coming to fruition and will be on display at Sherrill’s new 100,000+ sq ft showroom during this fall’s High Point Market.
The team behind Sherrill Brands is showcasing their furniture introductions in their massive three-story state-of-the-art showroom at 315 Fred Alexander Place in High Point. The new space offers ample room to accommodate market attendees and dedicated exhibition areas for all of Sherrill’s brands. It also includes a new company timeline wall installation representing the brand’s history from 1881-2022 on the first floor and a new high-tech design center and lounge on the second floor, affectionately named the ’45 Gallery commemorating the brand’s official incorporation in 1945. The showroom building is newly renovated inside and out with a clean, modern exterior design and façade, floor to ceiling windows, fresh paint, interesting wall coverings, modern flooring, new light fixtures, decorative accents, original art, updated restroom facilities and more.
Sherrill Brands on Display at High Point Market
All of Sherrill’s brands will have a dedicated space in the showroom and will focus on custom, expertly hand-crafted furniture. Each brand brings a unique style, different materials and an overall design aesthetic, ensuring marketgoers find the brand and resources that appeal to them most.
Below is the anticipated lineup by brand for the new Sherrill showroom:
- Sherrill Furniture – Well-made, stylish upholstery for any room designed to be on trend with today’s fashions and built to last for generations to come
- Whittemore Sherrill Ltd. - Innovative, hand-wiped, custom leather upholstery
- MotionCraft - A trendsetter in motion seating focusing on the craft of creating luxurious motion upholstery
- Lillian August Outdoor - Collection of fine, outdoor pieces designed by Lillian August herself to blend periods and styles to reflect her signature point of view
- The 45 Gallery - A comprehensive design center and lounge with resources from all Sherrill’s brands
- Sherrill Occasional – A go-to resource for luxurious case goods and designer-focused accent furniture including styles ranging from traditional to contemporary to fit every need and budget
- Lillian August - Luxury furniture featuring exquisite upholstery and case goods coveted for their range of expression, from glamor to clean, streamlined forms designed by Lillian August herself
- Mr. & Mrs. Howard - From designers Jim and Phoebe Howard, this collection encapsulates beautiful design using a fresh blend of traditional and current sensibilities grounded in timeless design theory
- Precedent Furniture - Contemporary and sustainable designs for your home at moderate price points
- Hickory White - Fashion-forward furniture styles with customization capabilities only possible with domestically manufactured case goods and upholstery
Sherrill and House Beautiful Market Party
Everything kicks off on Friday, Oct. 21, the evening before High Point Market officially opens, as Sherrill Brands will be throwing a party to celebrate their state-of-the-art showroom starting at 5 pm. The celebration will be hosted by House Beautiful and their Editor-in-Chief Joanna Saltz and will feature the grand opening of the three-story building as well as debut the new book, House Beautiful: Live Colorfully. It will be a fantastic opportunity for guests to get a first look at the exhibition space and have a copy of the new book signed by Joanna Saltz.
Designer Discovery Panel and Book Signing with Phoebe Howard
On the Sunday of High Point Market, Sherrill Furniture is hosting the expert panel, “Design Across the Ages, a Conversation Between Generations,” with DuVäl Reynolds and Jennifer Mabley, moderated by Lori Paranjape. It will take place in the Mr. and Mrs. Howard space on the showroom’s second floor starting at 1:30 pm; and will cover a range of topics from building a brand, adopting new technology, and more. Afterward, Phoebe Howard will be signing her latest book.