If you’re using Instagram to get in front of potential clients, customers and influencers for either your interior design or home furnishings retail business, it pays to know the trending hashtags that you might want to include in your posts and how you can best use them. What does Instagram look for to optimize your reach, and what are some of the top instagram home design hashtags?
We share some key algorithm tips and hashtags below.
Six Key Instagram Algorithm Factors:
- Interest: The more the Instagram algorithm thinks your audience will “like” a post, the higher it will appear in the feed.
- Relationship: The Instagram algorithm wants to prioritize showing your followers posts from their friends, family and accounts that they care about. You want to be on that list.
- Timeliness: Using your Instagram Insights, you can use the Activity metrics to work out the times of the day when your audience is most active online.
- Frequency: If your followers spend a lot of time on Instagram, they will see more posts as Instagram “digs deeper into its catalog.”
- Following: How many people does your audience follow on Instagram? If they follow a lot of people, then Instagram has more options to choose from, so they probably won’t see all of the posts from every account.
- Usage: Photos and videos are treated equally in the algorithm, according to Instagram.
It’s important to note that the Instagram algorithm is constantly changing. One way to ensure your Instagram posts are reaching an audience that will engage is to pay attention to hashtags relevant to your business. According to Instagram, posts with 11 hashtags perform the best. However, Instagram allows 30 hashtags on each post, and marketing professionals suggest that using up to 30 hashtags — when relevant — can have better results. With ever-changing algorithms, it’s important to switch up hashtags and focus on creating niches with them to get the best return for rapid growth development. To come up with as many as 30 hashtags, consider this breakdown: 10 popular industry hashtags; 10 industry-specific, curated hashtags; five location- and industry-specific hashtags; five tags specific to the images.
Here are a few home design hashtags to consider.
We know most of the designers in our audience beat to the drum of different styles than what you’ll find on HGTV. But if you think about what your potential clients and retail customers might be looking for, it may be in your best interest to pay attention to at least some of HGTV’s trending hashtags to connect. We’re not saying you need to go all in for #shiplap!
Some high-performing hashtags on HGTV include:
Over on Modsy, the online design company recently released its top interior design hashtags. These hashtags showed promise as the top-trending design styles on Instagram. Pulling from more than 300 trending Instagram home decor and design hashtags, the interior design trendsetter vetted out the top 15, with the top five home decor styles most searched as follows: